Genre: Young Adult – Romance
Target Audience: 15+
Goodreads Rating: 4.5/5
Reading Order: That Boy, That Wedding, That Baby
- THIS IS SO FREAKING CUTE! Okay, I have to say something. This was my final read of 2018, and it couldn’t have been a better choice. I didn’t know how much I needed this cuteness in my life.
- The friendship and the character development in this one is golden. Absolutely perfect.
- Such a unique writing format! It’s written as you’re in the main character, Jayden’s (J.J) head. Sort of like a diary, but not at all. It’s hard to describe!
- It starts when she’s six or seven and finished when she’s 22. It’s really an incredible format.
- Some parts did seem a little unbelievable, but not in the way that ‘it would never happen in real life’. They could happen in real life but it’s rare/unlikely.
- It really embraces the teenage life.
- SAAAAD 😦 but also really uplifting.
- The audiobook is incredible! I’ve found myself attached and ready to listen to the whole series. I’M READY!
- A tomboy main character that’s best friends with two (smoking hot) boys. Connected by their location and their love of football.
- I just love the story concept. I love the characters. I love the plot. It’s so cute and so very worth the read. Highly, HIGHLY recommend.
Fall in love with the boy next door in this sweet contemporary romance by USA Today Best Selling Author, Jillian Dodd.
You know, being friends with two cute boys does have its benefits.
There’s Danny. Danny is a golden boy in every way. He has dreamy blue eyes and blonde hair that always looks perfect, even when it’s windblown or been stuck under a football helmet. He’s the boy every girl crushes on. The boy I get into trouble with, the boy I fight with, the hot quarterback no girl can resist. Being with Danny is like being on an adventure. He has a bright, contagious smile and abs to die for.
Equally crush worthy is Phillip. Adorable, sweet Phillip, who I have known since birth. Phillip has dark hair, a perfect smile, brown eyes, and the sexiest voice I have ever heard. He’s the boy I talk to every night before I go to sleep. The boy who rescues me, the boy who can read my mind, the boy who is always there for me, the boy who tries to keep me out of trouble, the boy who irritatingly keeps getting hotter, and whose strong arms always seem to find their way around me. And when he gives me that grin, I can never say no.
One boy will give me my very first kiss.
One boy will teach me to make out.
One boy will take me to prom.
And finally, one boy will ask me to marry him.
They will both be my best friends.
But only one of them will be the boy I fall in love with.
Only one of them is That Boy.
If you’re a football fan, love small town romance, and cute boys next door, you’ll love the That Boy series