Welcome back to Tiggity Tag Friday! Where I pick a book tag, give credit where it’s due and ignore the rest of the rules! If you feel like participating in this tag, you’re officially tagged 😛 You should definitely link me to where you’ve done this tag or any other tag! Feel free to even play along in the comments!
The book tag I’ve chosen this week is the ’50 Bookish Questions’ Tag, created by … who knows! I couldn’t find the creator. But I found it on boookbomb‘s page. So go there maybe?
1. What was the last book you read? Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
2. Was it a good one? It wasn’t terrible but I didn’t find it fantastic either. It sort of flat-lined the entire way. Disappointing, really. I gave it 3/5 stars on Goodreads.
3. What made it good? The ending was unique. I’ll give him that.
4. Would you recommend it to other people? No, probably not. (Sorry Nicholas!)
5. How often do you read? I like to marathon books, so I usually read once a week. I can’t just start reading and then stop again. (That sort of trickery is magic to me.)
6. Do you like to read? YAAAAAAAAS! I love it. It’s my favourite past time, despite my previous comment.
7. What was the last bad book you read? Since I want to move on from Dear John, I’m going to back track to when I read Becca Fitzpatrick’s Black Ice.
8. What made you dislike it? It felt childish and underdeveloped. (There’s still a character missing in my mind. He just poof! vanished.)
9. Do you wish to be a writer? I do! I’m currently trying to edit my first novel but I’m exhausted from editing, so I’m doing this instead!
10. Has any book ever influenced you greatly? Nothing comes to mind. Every great book should make you think but I don’t know if one has had a pivotal affect on me.
11. Do you read fan fiction? I don’t, no. There’s only very few fan-fic stories that I’ve read and liked. Most were MCR fan-fics from before they broke up… that was a while ago! haha
12. Do you write fan fiction? Nope, never been able to get into it. I need characters that I can deeply understand. I can’t understand a living person.
13. What’s your favourite book? I hate this question. Out of spite, I’m not going to answer. My favourite author is Sarah J Maas though.
14. What’s your least favourite book? I’m not good at holding grudges. So, I don’t have one.
15. Do you prefer physical books or read on a device? Physical books. Duh.
16. When did you learn to read? I’m not sure. My whole family are avid readers, so probably early.
17. What is your favourite book you had to read in school? Fun fact, I actually used to intentionally avoid reading books that the school wanted me to read, solely because I was reading my own books and didn’t care for their choices. So… none.
18. What is your favourite book series? I’m not answering.
19. Who is your favourite author? You should have this answer by now.
20. What is your favourite genre? Young Adult 😀
21. Who is your favourite character in a book series? …
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else? Every book that I truly get into, I feel as if I’ve climbed between the pages.
23. Which book do you wish had a sequel? Eleanor and Park! (by Rainbow Rowell)
24. Which book do you wish DIDN’T have a sequel? WARNING, UNPOPULAR OPINION. I think Casandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments could have remained at 3 books. I never read past #4.
25. How long does it take you to read a book? Normally a day, a few if it’s a big book or one that’s rather uninteresting.
26. Do you like when books become movies? Yes! I love to see the movie editions. I know they aren’t the same and usually terrible but it’s the ones that are done well that make me happy. Like Love, Simon or To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. Fantastic!
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation? Vampire Academy is the one that takes the cake for me.
28. Which movie has done a book justice? I’m good at answering these questions in advance, huh?
29. Do you read newspapers? No.
30. Do you read magazines? No.
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines? Probably Newspapers.
32. Do you read while in bed? Sometimes, never before bed though. I can’t sleep if I’m in the midst of reading.
33. Do you read while on the toilet? No…?
34. Do you read while in the car? Nu-uh 🤮
35. Do you read while in the bath? Nonononononono, not the potential harm. I just end up stressing more than reading.
36. Are you a fast reader? I’d say moderate.
37. Are you a slow reader? Nope.
38. Where is your favourite place to read? On my couch with my pets.
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate when you read? Not at all.
40. Do you need a room to be silent while you read? Nope. I can usually read through most things.
41. Who gave you your love for reading? My mum and dad.
42. What book is next on your list to read? The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.
43. When did you start to read chapter books? I was fairly young. I wanted to read books about ponies. Probably 5 or 6.
44. Who is your favourite children’s book author? Dr Seuss 😛
45. Which author would you most want to interview? Rainbow Rowell, John Green, Sarah J Maas. Anyone that I look up to really..
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with? No idea. We’ll have to wait and see.
47. What book have you reread the most? Throne or Glass or Fangirl. I’ts probably a tie.
48. Which books do you consider ‘classics’? In I don’t know. I don’t really read classics, I guess books that the majority tend to love and cherish. Ones that can survive generations of changes and still be relevant today.
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school? Anything that gets someone into reading.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools? None. Ever.